Spend only a couple days in Lisbon, Portugal’s stunning capital city, and that’s enough to fall head over heals with the place! I had the pleasure of living in Lisbon for a month, but it only took me an hour to fall for its colorful, tiled buildings, history-laden castles, and countless, vast miradouros (viewpoints). All this beauty and charm combined with it’s surprisingly affordable prices make it a must-see for anyone exploring Europe, especially luxe-budget travelers! There’s very few other places within the continent that allow you to get such incredible quality for such low prices, which is why it comes as no surprise to me that I dubbed this city my favorite in all of Europe!
Another tremendous reason that contributed to my deep love for Lisbon was definitely the beautiful little AirBnB apartment my boyfriend and I rented in the heart of Alfama, the oldest neighborhood in Lisbon. The entire neighborhood in its own is a major landmark to see for all tourists as it boasts centuries of history and culture that’s close to perfect when it comes to it’s preservation over time. Living in this adorable, historic district was comparable to a dream!! I woke up every morning feeling as though I had been transported back in time, yet the interior matched that of a modern-day Lisbon apartment. With a contemporary kitchen and amenities, yet a traditional interior and exterior design, this place was the perfect combination of charming and functional!
Of course, the above all wouldn’t be so wonderful if it wasn’t priced at what we were paying…At only $25/night (after splitting the cost with my boyfriend), it’s still unbelievable to me how perfect this place was!! That being said, if you ever make it to Lisbon, I highly recommend staying in Alfama, especially if it’s in this Alfama AirBnB! It will make your Lisbon experience one of a kind and these photos/list of amenities will show you why!!
Old, traditional door special to Alfama
Traditional arched-celieing details
Surrounding apartment buildings on the secluded street
Just steps away from Alfama Square
The surrounding neighborhood of Alfama
Benefits and Amenities:
- Free high-speed WiFi
- Comfy queen bed and feather pillows
- Flat screen cable TV with English channels
- Spacious living room area with couch and side coffee-table (not pictured)
- Modern kitchen stocked with every cooking supply one would need + cooking essentials (i.e. olive oil, salt, sugar, etc.)
- 4-person dining table
- 3 coffee-makers (traditional, french press, and a high-tech single-serving coffee machine) with coffee grounds/pods to last your whole stay!
- Ample storage space for clothes and luggage
- Located steps aways from Alfama square, great Portuguese restaurants, Fado bars, souvenir shops, coffee houses, and mini supermarkets (with fresh produce, eggs, etc. for cooking!)
- Washer/dryer machine + dish-washer
- Free weekly cleaning service
- Hospitable hosts that are just a message away when you have any questions, recommendations, or concerns
As you can see, this Alfama apartment is everything you need and more, whether you’re just visiting Lisbon for a few days or living there for months! I hope my readers get to experience this place one day! ????❤️