Villa Indochine d’Angkor: Siem Reap Hotel Review
Siem Reap exceeded all my expectations and more! Like thousands of other tourists, my sole purpose of coming to Siem Reap was to see the famous temples of Angkor Wat. After a little exploring though, I quickly fell in love with the city itself, from its lively night market and Pub Street, to its cute boutique restaurants and shops, and of course, some of the friendliest locals you’ll ever meet!
Another standout reason I think I fell for Siem Reap was my accommodation: Villa Indochine d’Angkor. After splitting the costs with my boyfriend/travel buddy (YAY pair travel!!), the price for this incredible 4-star hotel was only $25 per night!! This was such a deal because you get SO much more than just a hotel room to sleep in at night when staying here…
The layout and decor was beautiful, the pool and cabanas were ahhmazing after long days in the Cambodian heat, the staff was attentive and booked anything you pleased at crazy affordable prices (which I find to be so rare at any hotel, no matter its rating), and lastly…the price includes your own private driver!!!
At first I was nervous about the location, being that it was around a 5-10 minute drive away from the city center- I usually only book places located where all the action is in order to eliminate transportation costs. However, with the driver, the hotel’s location ended up being a bonus. It felt like a little oasis to come back to after drinking buckets on buckets to the wee hours of the
night morning on Pub Street ????
If planning a trip to Siem Reap in the future, take a look at these photos and the detailed list of the amenities that follow, and I’m sure you’ll want to book this place!! Keep onnn scrolling ????
Definitely my first time being greeted this way haha!
Amenities & Benefits of Villa Indochine d’Angkor:
- A very spacious room with a king-sized bed, flatscreen TV, marble bath, and rain shower
- In-room mini bar with drinks just as cheap as what you would find at your home market!
- Free high-speed internet in your room and anywhere in the hotel
- 4 complimentary water bottles per day, restocked daily
- Free bikes for rent
- Free daily breakfast
- Swimming pool with cabanas & lounge chairs and a swim-up bar
- Hotel restaurant serving Western and Cambodian dishes at an affordable price
- 24-hour concierge service that will help you with transportation, directions, and most importantly- setting up your trip to Angkor Wat!
- $25 private tour of Angkor Wat with one of the hotel’s reliable drivers- This was one of the highlights of this hotel since this is the price we would be paying any other taxi driver to do a tour. BUT, by going through the hotel, we didn’t have to deal with any scams, which I heard are way too common in Siem Reap. Most taxi drivers will only agree to take you to restaurants during the tour where they get commission on your purchases, and also force you to stop at shops along the way where the same deal stands. This is definitely not something you want to deal with when you’re simply trying to take in the beauty of Angkor Wat!
- Free private driver to take you to town/restaurants/shopping, as well as pick you up. Available whenever needed!
- Free pickup and drop off at the airport
As you can see, staying with Villa Indochine d’Angkor really maximized my Siem Reap experience and delivered extreme value at an incredibly low cost. That being said, I HIGHLY recommend them for your next visit to Siem Reap!!