Deciding on where to stay in Florence on a budget? First, let’s be perfectly clear. Florence on a budget is hard, and cheap accommodation is not bountiful. Why?
Because Firenze is one of Italy’s most popular tourist destinations, and rightfully so! It’s home to countless architectural and artistic masterpieces, historic buildings and landmarks built thousands of years ago, and some of the best Italian restaurants in Italy. To top it all off, the entire city looks how you imagine it would during its prime years that gave birth to the Renaissance.
All that being said, you can bet Florence is expensive, and you can bet that it is absolutely flooded with tourists! The perfect way to get around both of these downfalls is renting an AirBnB. The prices are half the cost of staying in a hotel, and the experience is 100 times more authentic than pricey tourist trap accommodation.
When visiting Florence, I stayed at THIS amazing AirBnB, and it truly made my trip! Not only was it super affordable and conveniently located, it offered a perfect escape from the massive tourist crowds and allowed me to experience living like a true Firenze local. We’d open our windows to the sounds of our neighbors speaking Italian and the most delicious smells of them cooking spaghetti at dinner time. Florence itself is a spectacular city, but this accommodation made it even better!!
Keep scrolling for a photo tour of the AirBnB, as well as the amenities/benefits that come with it ?
Outdoor corridor view
Bedroom window overlooking private corridor
Door to the apartment building ?
- Classic and clean decor with brick details that are thousands of years old!
- Spacious bedroom with king bed
- Well-equipped kitchen with basic cooking supplies and essentials, and pre-stocked with food for breakfast by the host!
- Large living room with couch and dining table
- Two private outdoor corridors- one at the entrance and one outside the kitchen with an outdoor dining table
- Free high-speed WiFi
- Tradtional Italian bathroom (with bidet) equipped with all essential toiletries
- Air conditioning
- Free water and coffee provided
- Conveniently located- under 10 minutes walking-distance to both the Duomo and Ponte Vecchio, and surrounded by great restaurants, convenient stores, etc.
- Located in a beautiful & traditional Florence apartment building
- Florence guidebook provided by the hosts with recommendations, directions, etc.
- Extremely safe, located on a quiet residential street with keys required to enter the apartment building, and another key required to enter personal gated-off corridor gaurding the apartment
- Some of the cheapest accommodation you’ll find in Florence, and extreme value for the price you pay
- Helpful, fast communication with hosts to help you with any of your needs (I didn’t have an international cellular plan, and the host kindly called a taxi for me on my last day!)
Looking to book great budget accommodation for your next trip to Florence? Book this AirBnB HERE or pin this post for later!