After visiting Thailand’s famous Phi Phi Islands, I finally understand what all the hype’s about 😱 Just look at that water!! I don’t think you can find crystal clear, aquamarine water like that anywhere else in the world, and if you can, it’s definitely not offered at the same insanely affordable price!
Next to other island and coastal accommodations in Thailand, you’ll notice the costs of Koh Phi Phi’s are a bit pricier, which is rightly due to its natural beauty and prestige. However, you only need a couple days to experience all the best sites. That being said luxe-budget travelers, feel free to splurge like I did and spend $80/night (based on double occupancy) at the Holiday Inn Koh Phi Phi for a top-notch taste of Thai luxury!! 😍 If that price doesn’t work with your budget though, don’t worry, you can easily find other luxe-budget, beachside deals for as low as $40/night (so $20 for pair travelers!).
If you’re from the U.S. or maybe even Europe, you’re probably thinking to yourself “The Holiday Inn?!”. Where I’m from, budget motels (many of which are not in prime condition) are what come to mind when thinking of a Holiday Inn. That being said, I was super shocked to read the reviews describing its lavish beachside villas, infinity pools overlooking private beaches, and 5-star attentive service. After my stay, I can now confirm these reviews are 100% truthful, making it a PERFECT hotel for any luxe-budget travelers willing to spend a little extra loose change!
Keep scrolling for a a photo tour and a list of the hotel’s amenities…
Options include beachside villas, garden bungalows or sea-view suites
Spacious sea-view suite
Suite balcony overlooking the beach
Flat-screen with a variety of free English movie channels
King-sized pillow top bed
Infinity pool and sun deck
Located right on the sand
Diving & Activity/Tour Center
2 hotel restaurants- 1 located right on the beach!
Holiday Inn Amenities:
- Spacious rooms (mostly all with a view of the ocean) with king-sized pillow top beds and elegant decor
- Free high-speed wireless internet
- Free daily breakfast buffet
- Free water bottles restocked in the room every day
- In-room flat screen TVs with several English channels and movie channels
- 2 pools with food and drink service
- Secluded beaches for guests, all which have hammocks, chairs, and wooden swings lining the sand
- 24-hour concierge service that helps you with bookings, transfers to and from the hotel, and any other questions/concerns
- Very quiet and serene ambience as it’s located in a more private location than the other resorts on the island
- Easy access to longtail boats along the shore (which offer much cheaper prices and tours than the hotel FYI!)
- 2 restaurants on the property, room service, and 1 beachside bar (with daily 2-for-1 happy hour!)
- Located next to other beachside bars and restaurants (which are cheaper than the hotel 👍)
- Souvenir and convenient store on the property
- 2 activity centers on the property- 1 dedicated to boat tours and 1 dedicated to diving
- Spa offering a variety of services
- Kid’s center for those with children and in-need of babysitting services
- Nightly entertainment/performances at the bar
From the variety of photos and long list of amenities, you can probably see why I was enamored with this place. Based on both the quality of my experience, plus the value I received for my money, I would most definitely recommend the Holiday Inn Koh Phi Phi to other luxe-budget travelers 😊👌