Wondering where to stay in Rome on a budget? Look no further, and rent an AirBnB! A 3-star hotel will cost you at least $100/night, so an AirBnB is the perfect money-saving option when it comes to budget accommodation in Rome. Don’t have an AirBnB account yet? Sign up HERE with my invite and get $34 off your first rental! Even MORE savings!
The “Eternal City” is one of the most-visited tourist destinations in the world, making everything from its attractions to its restaurants incredibly costly. After all the money you spend on entrance fees to the Vatican and Roman Ruins, plus copious amounts of pasta and wine, you’ll be eager to save on whatever you can! That being said, you’ll be relieved to find that it’s super easy to stay within your budget just by opting for an apartment rental- you just need to find the right fit! As long as it’s located away from the main tourist attractions like the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, and Colosseum, you’ll save a TON of money. Just make sure it’s well connected by public transport, since the city is quite large, and taxi fares add up quickly.
During my visit to Rome, I stayed at the San Giovanni AirBnB, which ticked off all the necessities just mentioned above! With a bus stop at its front door and a metro stop just a five minute walk away, it was strategically located, allowing you to explore the city with ease. Plus, the apartment was extremely spacious with a classic Italian design and modern amenities like WiFi and a well-equipped kitchen.
At just 65 USD/night (depending on the season), this rental gives you extreme value for your money, making it the perfect place to stay in Rome on a budget! If traveling as a pair or group, the price can drop to as low as $16/person/night, which is almost unheard of in the notoriously expensive Roma!
Keep scrolling for a visual tour of the apartment and a list of its benefits and amenities ????
Amenities & Benefits of San Giovanni AirBnB:
- Spacious layout with a large living room, bedroom, and kitchen with dining area
- Comfortably sleeps 4 guests
- Decorated with classic Italian finishes, like an old-fashioned Italian oven, antique knobs, and wooden floors & archways
- Well-equipped kitchen stocked with essential cooking supplies and basic ingredients
- Conveniently located next to a bus stop, 5 minutes walking distance from the nearest metro stop, and surrounded by supermarkets, shops, and restaurants
- Only 10 minutes away from the city center via the metro
- Located in a safe residential area and in a secure apartment building with one key to get into the complex and another to get into the apartment
- Free high-speed WiFi
- Free city maps supplied for all guests, along with a guidebook containing directions, recommendations, and other handy tips
- Apartment hosts are available at any time to address any questions or concerns
Interested in booking San Giovanni during your next budget vacation in Rome? Pin this post for later!
Do you know of any other great places to stay in Rome on a budget? I’d love to hear in the comments below! ❤️