Naroua Villas: Koh Tao Villa Review
Koh Tao is a tiny little Thailand paradise. It has everything you’d ever want when visiting a tropical destination: clear, aqua waters, white sand beaches, lush jungles, and tons of beachside restaurants and nightlife.
On this particular island hopping adventure, my boyfriend and I decided to “splurge”, meaning this was the most we’ve yet to pay per night when traveling throughout Thailand (including all 5 future hotels/AirBnBs we’ve booked up until April 2nd).
You’ll see from the photos that “splurging” in Thailand comes with tons of lavish benefits and added amenities. There’s very few places in the world that will score you this type of luxury for only $100 a night!!
Scroll down for the photos, the pros of booking with Naroua Villas in particular, and a detailed costs breakdown.
Surrounded by a beautiful jungle on the top of a hill
Huge kitchen + living room area
Pool and bedroom view
Sun deck area
2 large bathrooms + rain shower
Spacious bedroom with a pillow-top king bed
-Benefits & Amenities of Naroua Villas–
- Naroua offers the following amenities:
- Free grocery delivery
- Discounted taxi prices with 5 drivers you can call to take you anywhere at anytime (rates discounted by over half the price than most taxis!)
- Free Thai food & pizza delivery for orders over $14
- Free shuttle pick up & drop off at the ferry port
- Free high-speed WiFi
- Satellite TV with sports channels
- Daily cleaning service
- A free Thai phone during your stay so you can contact Naroua manager, taxis, and emergency calls
- The benefits included:
- A fully-equipped kitchen with all the cooking supplies you could imagine (they even had a wok!) + condiments/spices. Cooking our own meals at our villa helped us save a lot of money during the trip!
- The villa is completely surrounded by jungle and large boulders, meaning you have complete privacy. So much so that you can even tan in the nude lol!
- By simply staying in the villa, you have access to one of the best views of Koh Tao, 24/7!
- Due to all the amenities the villa offered, we actually ended up saving tons of money (keep reading to see the cost breakdown).
Costs Breakdown (based on 1 person)
- Nightly price of the villa= $200 –> split by 2 people= $100/night. We stayed 2 nights, so we each payed $200 for the entire stay.
- Money saved from discounted taxi prices: roughly $42 each
- Money saved by cooking our own meals & buying our own alcohol: about $30 each
If you subtract the money I saved by staying with Naroua Villas ($72), it essentially only cost me $128 for the entire stay, rather than $200!
Allllll that being said, I definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Koh Tao in the future! It was heaven on earth and I miss it already ????