Bangkok, like Koh Tao, was just a weekend trip for me, so my boyfriend and I decided to splurge (by Thai standards!). It’s truly amazing how much you can get for your money in Thailand. You definitely don’t have to sacrifice luxury when traveling here as a tourist on a budget.
During my visit, I stayed at the Amari Watergate Bangkok, a 5-star hotel in prime location for only $50/~1,782 Thai Baht ($100 split between my boyfriend and I) per night! The service here was incredible, the room was spacious and comfortable, and the views of the city were spectacular 😍
Keep scrolling for more photos + the amenities included in the $50/night price tag!
View from our room!
Beautiful rooftop pool overlooking the city
Hotel amenities included:
- King-sized pillow-top beds in spacious rooms
- Free WiFi with STRONG signal (such a nice change coming from our AirBnB apartment in Koh Samui with spotty WiFi!)
- Rooftop pool and gym access
- Executive business lounge on the top floor of the hotel- a great space to do work, with strong WiFi, food + drink service, and the best views over the city!
- Located in the best location in Bangkok- right by the famous shopping centers, rooftop bars, and just a 5-10 minute drive away (without Bangkok traffic) to all the sights and nightlife
- Quick, safe, and affordable taxi service- You will always get a metered taxi (SO important if you don’t want to be ripped off) with a safe driver if you let the hotel here order it for you
- 3 great, affordable restaurants right at your feet in the lobby
- Concierge willing to help you with any concerns or booking plans- A+ when it came to customer service!
As you can see from the above punch list, I definitely enjoyed my stay at the Amari Watergate and would recommend other luxury budget travelers to stay here when visiting Bangkok! If you have any other great hotels to add to the list, let me know!!