Sepilok in Malaysian Borneo may just be one of the world’s best-kept secrets! It’s a dream destination for luxe-budget travelers since the majority of its resorts don’t exceed 60 USD/night, even when situated on pristine rainforest reserves and staying in private jungle chalets. You won’t find a 5-star hotel anywhere in sight, but you will find incredible budget accommodation that boasts 5-star rooms and amenities! When it comes to the ladder, the hotel that exemplifies this the most is definitely Sepilok Nature Resort!
For just ~55 USD/night, you can stay in a private bungalow on the protected rainforest reserve that attracts hundreds of thousands worldwide visitors each year! Each chalet is surrounded by an endless array of exotic plants and animals and the room decor resembles that of a high-class hotel. Guests can spend their time feasting on delicious Malaysian cuisine at their onsite restaurant or soaking up the sun and rainforest views on the lake deck or on private hammocks. If you’re lucky you’ll spot a wild orangutan or two hanging around the resort, and if not, you can head 5 minutes down the road to the world-renowned Orangutan Rehabilitation Center!
No matter if you’re visiting Sepilok to just relax in the rainforest, experience its abundant wildlife, or use it as a home base for exploring the larger Borneo region, Sepilok Nature Resort is the only place you should be staying at!! It seriously is the best resort to disconnect from it all and get in touch with your natural surroundings 😍
Keep scrolling for a picture tour and a list of the resort’s benefits and amenities!
Benefits & Amenities:
- Private chalets are spacious and elegantly decorated with a large bedroom, separate reading room, and a large bathroom containing both a bath and rain shower
- Each chalet has their own deck and hammock with beautiful rainforest views
- Other in-room amenities include comfortable king-sized beds, a television with English movie channels, air conditioning, free toiletries (toothbrush, lotion, shampoo, etc.), and a mini fridge
- Daily maid service and 4 free water bottles restocked each day
- 24 hour reception that offers tour assistance and assistance with any other needs
- Free WiFi in public areas
- Several areas for relaxing around the resort including a lounge deck by the lake, a lounge in the lobby, and an entire 2nd floor dedicated to guest entertainment
- On-site restaurant with delicious food and something to offer all preferences and dietary restrictions
- Free breakfast included in the overall price
- Located in a prime location within a rainforest reserve and a 5 minute walk away from the Orangutan and Sun Bear Rehabilitation Centers
- On-site hotel security
- Environmental values that focus on protecting the rainforest and leaving a positive impact on the surrounding environment
Want to book this accommodation for a future Sepilok vacation? Pin it for later!📍
Know of any other great places to stay in Sepilok? I’d love to hear in the comments below! 😊