How beautiful does this sandwich look?! I feel funny saying it but the more I cook, the more I find myself describing food with such intimate adjectives lol 😜 I apologize for the lack of photos on this post (I usually like to photograph the steps of each recipe I share), but I was so hungry I wasn’t even planning on posting this in the first place. Hunger + blogging don’t go well together…the photos turn out looking like crap every time because I’m so hangry (hungry + angry) and impatient! But this turned out surprisingly great looking so I had to share with everyone.
- 4 tbsp pesto sauce
- 4 slices whole grain/whole wheat bread (or 6 if making 3 smaller sandwiches)
- 1 can chickpeas; drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (*you may need more though depending on the pesto your using so taste it out!)
- 2 handfuls of arugula
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes; sliced
- Fresh basil for topping (optional)