These healthy kabobs are easy to make and packed with SO much flavor!! They combine smoky, sweet, savory, and spicy all into one because of its complex marinade, the foursome of skewered ingredients (salmon, red onion, pineapple, and zucchini), and grilling magic. Most people hear the word healthy then immediately associate the meal with being flavorless, but this recipe disproves that common misconception!!
Serves: 4 Time: 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions: In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, ginger, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, Sriracha and pepper, to taste.
Thread salmon, pineapple, red onion and zucchini onto skewers. Brush soy sauce mixture onto the skewers and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium high heat. Add kabobs to grill, reserving the marinade, and cook, turning occasionally, until salmon is opaque throughout and vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
Add reserved marinade to a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 5-6 minutes.
Serve kabobs immediately with reserved marinade, garnished with cilantro, if desired.
Calories: 368, Total Fat: 12g, Total Carbs: 28g, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 19g, Protein: 37g
*Inspired by Damn Delicious